To develop, oversee, and evaluate museum educational initiatives across the lifespan in accordance with NAMM and the NAMM Museum of Making Music's mission and objectives.
Gallery Education Program
- Assess and develop curriculum for school tour program.
- Train, coach, and evaluate tour facilitators and oversee scheduling of tour leaders.
- Develop interpretive materials and activities for Special Exhibitions.
- Assess, evaluate, interpret, and communicate the impact of the school tour program.
- Develop activities for walk-in family visitors with children.
Adult Music Making Programs (String Orchestra and Band programs)
- Coordinate rehearsal and performance schedules and conductor/coach needs.
- Order, organize, distribute, and collect print music and maintain Museum's music library.
- Assess, evaluate, interpret, and communicate the impact of our adult music programs.
Community Outreach and Partnerships
- Cultivate and work with partners (such as SD Symphony or North County Lifeline) to present programs onsite and in the community.
- Develop Museum outreach program(s) for schools and/or community organizations.
- Assess, evaluate, interpret, and communicate impact of outreach and partnership programs.
Short-Term: Museum Renovation Project
- Work with core team to ensure that the refreshed Museum content addresses educational goals and meets educational standards. (2-year project)
SKILLS, COMPETENCIES, REQUIREMENTS
- A Bachelor's degree in music'performance, history, pedagogy, or organology--or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3-5 years' experience in museum education field, including object-based and inquiry-driven education. Experience with museum education best practices as well as current, innovative trends in the field.
- Knowledge of Common Core, National Arts Standards and STEAM.
- Knowledge of the music products industry a plus.
- A strong commitment to stellar customer service.
- Superior communication skills'verbal and written'with all age groups.
- Solution-oriented creative thinker, consensus builder with a good sense of humor.
- Collaborative work style, ability to handle multiple projects.
- Professional and calm demeanor in high stress situations.