The Museum of Making Music explores the accomplishments and impact of the music products industry through educational and interactive exhibitions and programs and directly connects visitors with hands-on music making.
We envision a world in which the joy of making music is a precious element of daily living for everyone; a world in which every child has a deep desire to learn music and a recognized right to be taught; and in which every adult is a passionate champion and defender of that right.
- Exploring connections between people, instruments and the music we make is an important message that needs to be explored and conveyed.
- The industry story is part of a larger cycle of music making story that is not yet widely understood and merits attention.
- Active music making is an essential element of the full human experience.
- Exposure to musicians and live music is important to one's understanding of music making.
- Providing equal access to museum exhibitions and programs is central to our work.
- The ultimate purpose of the Museum is to make this a more musical world.